- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.cWnu8Osl.dpuf Solo Mom Takes Flight: Canada's Best Kept Secret- Canada's Wonderland

Monday 24 March 2014

Canada's Best Kept Secret- Canada's Wonderland

Seeing its the beginning of summer, I thought I would highlight local attractions in and near Toronto that solo parents can easily explore when outnumbered. The first and my favourite activity is Canada's Wonderland. You must be thinking this woman is crazy and having seen the crowds in July I would probably say the same.


Here is the key detail-- attendance at Wonderland on weekdays until school lets out is low and mostly limited to high school groups. Translation-- you and your children can rule Snoopy's Planet. 


Each Thursday from the time Wonderland opens their doors on weekdays until the day local schools finish (which this year ranges from the third week of June to the last day of June), you can find me and my two kids under 4 running around like crazy. We explore every ride, go see the dinosaurs and interact with the very kind staff. Often ride operators will sing songs with the kids and Snoopy and his crew have a lot of time for pictures and hugs. 



The only issue with travelling to Wonderland solo during these few weeks is that you are restricted to the height of your shortest child. This hasn't become a big issue for us but I have noticed the taller one eyeing some of the smaller roller coasters this year. 


 If you are nearby or travel to Wonderland, I highly recommend taking a weekday off work and school and making it the ultimate trip. You could be the only ones playing mini golf or your children can ride the Snoopy Red Baron planes until they beg to get off or simply fall asleep like my little one did last year. 


An important note for some park visitors is that the shows in Planet Snoopy don't tend to run unless it is a weekend or school is out. If this is an important detail to you, you might want to face the crowds on weekends in June instead. We drown our sorrows in corn dogs and ice cream with no wait times and remind ourselves this small detail doesn't outweigh the fun we are having. 

If its a Thursday, keep an eye out for me and send me a wink to let me know you are now in on Canada's best kept secret. We will most likely be found at the giant trampolines. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave it here. I would love to hear from you.